Plan Your Trip
Ashe County, the coolest corner of North Carolina, is a beautiful place to explore and offers many activities, both indoors and out! These are some of our favorites.
Our Favorite Places to Stay
- Clark Miller Roller Mill Cottage | Lansing, NC
- Jefferson Landing | Jefferson, NC – An outstanding 4.5 star rated golf course located in the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains. Fine dining at the clubhouse is also available.
- On the Windfall Luxury Vacation Cottages | Lansing, NC
- Riverhouse Country Inn and Restaurant | Grassy Creek, NC
Our Favorite Places to Dine in Ashe County
- Boondocks Brewing Tap Room & Restaurant | West Jefferson, NC
- Craft Bistro | West Jefferson, NC
- Pie on the Mountain | Lansing, NC
- River House Country Inn and Restaurant | Grassy Creek, NC
- The Hotel Tavern | West Jefferson, NC
Our Favorite Places to Dine in Boone & Blowing Rock
- Bistro Roca Restaurant | Blowing Rock, NC
- Gideon Ridge Inn and Restaurant | Blowing Rock, NC
- Melanie’s | Boone, NC
- Our Daily Bread | Boone, NC
- Red Onion Café | Boone, NC
- Stick Boy Bread Company |Boone, NC
Our Favorite Activities and Recreations
- Blue Ridge Anglers | Blue Ridge Anglers specialize in trips on some of North Carolina and Tennessee’s most scenic rivers. Each excursion is tailored to meet our clients’ desires and skill levels.
- Burnt Hill Stables | Laurel Springs, NC – Trail riding, guided trail riding, horse boarding, and riding lessons.
- Elk Knob State Park | Todd, NC – Elk Knob State Park features one of the highest peaks in North Carolina’s high country at 5,520 feet and one of the parks system’s finest trails to the spectacular views from the summit.
- Grandfather Mountain State Park | Linville, NC – Grandfather Mountain has been an icon in North Carolina’s landscape for generations, offering stunning scenery and unmatched ecological diversity.
- High Country Back Roads | The High Country Back Roads meander through some of the most spectacular scenery in Eastern America. It’s easy to download printable Route Guides and maps.
- Mount Jefferson State Natural Area | Jefferson, NC – This magnificent mountain offers hiking trails, educational seminars, picnicking, and much more. Drive to the top by following Mount Jefferson Road, park, and take a short hike to the summit.
- Mountain Aire Golf Club | West Jefferson, NC – 18 holes of well-maintained fairways, complemented by the natural, rugged beauty of the Appalachians.
- New River State Park | Laurel Springs, NC – The tranquil New River is the centerpiece of New River State Park. Appreciate the peaceful scenery with many spots for canoeing, picnicking, fishing, and birdwatching.
- Pond Mountain Game Land | Lansing, NC
- River Girl Fishing Company | Todd, NC – Fly fishing supplies, lessons and guiding, fishing/hunting licenses, and kayak, canoe, tube, and bicycle rentals on the New River.
- Riverside Canoe & Tube Rentals | Crumpler, NC – Canoe, kayak, tube, and bike rentals. Paddling lessons and guided canoe trips.
- Rock on Charters | West Jefferson, NC – Contact Ben Lucas at (540)520-9629 for one of the best fishing guides in the High Country.
- Virginia Creeper Trail | Damascus, VA – The Virginia Creeper Trail stretches 35 miles from Abingdon, Virginia thru Damascus to the NC state line near Whitetop, Virginia. The Virginia Creeper Trail is open to hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding.
- Zaloo’s Canoes, Kayaks, and Tubes | Jefferson, NC – Canoe and inner tube rentals, shuttle service to the New River.
Our Favorite Places to Visit and Shop
- Ashe Arts Center | West Jefferson, NC – The Ashe Arts Center located downtown features local artist’s work in the Gallery Shop and offers rotating visual arts exhibits, and frequent concerts.
- Ashe County Cheese Company | West Jefferson, NC – Ashe County Cheese has been in business since 1930 and is the Carolina’s only cheese manufacturer. Watch cheese being made, then select one of your favorites from the cheese and gift shop.
- Ashe County Farmer’s Market | West Jefferson, NC – Produce, nursery plants, jellies, cakes, bread, handmade items, and more, all homegrown and handmade. Saturdays 8:00 am – 1:00 pm from April 12 to December 13.