Ashe County, North Carolina, is a beautiful place to explore and offers many activities, both indoors and out! Here are some of our favorites.
Our Local Weather Forecast
- Ray's Weather Center - Ashe County Edition :: Ashe County, NC - Ray is the expert on local weather forecasts. The only one to use.
Our Favorite Places to Stay
- Jefferson Landing :: Jefferson, NC - An outstanding 4.5 star rated golf course located in the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains. Fine dining at the clubhouse is also available.
- On the Windfall Luxury Vacation Cottages :: Lansing, NC
- Riverhouse Country Inn and Restaurant :: Grassy Creek, NC
- The Nuthouse Cottage :: Grassy Creek, NC
- Zydeco Moon Farm and Cabins :: Grassy Creek, NC
Our Favorite Places to Dine
- Artisanal :: Banner Elk, NC
- Bistro Roca Restaurant :: Blowing Rock, NC
- Bohemia Gallery and Coffee Shop in West Jefferson :: West Jefferson, NC - Bohemia features both local & national artists, as well as live music on the weekends. An array of coffees and baked goods are also available.
- Boondocks Brewing Tap Room & Restaurant :: West Jefferson, NC
- Gamekeeper Restaurant and Bar :: Boone, NC
- Gideon Ridge Inn and Restaurant :: Blowing Rock, NC
- Melanie's :: Boone, NC
- Our Daily Bread :: Boone, NC
- Peppers Restaurant :: Boone, NC
- Pie on the Mountain :: Lansing, NC
- Proper :: Boone, NC
- Red Onion Café :: Boone, NC
- River House Country Inn and Restaurant :: Grassy Creek, NC
- Rowlands Restaurant at Westglow :: Blowing Rock, NC
- Stick Boy Bread Company :: Boone, NC
- The Hotel Tavern :: West Jefferson, NC
- Vidalia Restaurant and Wine Bar :: Boone, NC
Our Favorite Activities and Recreations
- Blue Ridge Anglers :: Blue Ridge Anglers specialize in trips on some of North Carolina and Tennessee's most scenic rivers. Each excursion is tailored to meet our clients' desires and skill levels.
- Burnt Hill Stables :: Laurel Springs, NC - Trail riding, guided trail riding, horse boarding and riding lessons in Laurel Springs, NC.
- Elk Knob State Park :: Todd, NC - Elk Knob State Park features one of the highest peaks in North Carolina’s high country at 5,520 feet and one of the parks system’s finest trails to the spectacular views from the summit.
- Grandfather Mountain State Park :: Linville, NC - Grandfather Mountain has been an icon in North Carolina’s landscape for generations, offering stunning scenery and unmatched ecological diversity.
- High Country Back Roads :: The High Country Back Roads meander through some of the most spectacular scenery in Eastern America. It's easy to download printable Route Guides and maps.
- Mount Jefferson State Natural Area :: Jefferson, NC - This magnificent mountain offers hiking trails, educational seminars, picnicking and much more. Drive to the top by following Mount Jefferson Road, park and take a short hike to the summit.
- Mountain Aire Golf Club :: West Jefferson, NC - 18 holes of well-maintained fairways, complimented by the natural, rugged beauty of the Appalachians.
- New River State Park :: Laurel Springs, NC - The tranquil New River is the centerpiece of New River State Park. Appreciate the peaceful scenery with many spots for canoeing, picnicking, fishing, and birdwatching.
- Pond Mountain Game Land :: Lansing, NC
- River Girl Fishing Company :: Todd, NC - Fly fishing supplies, lessons and guiding, fishing/hunting licenses, and kayak, canoe, tube and bicycle rentals on the New River.
- Riverside Canoe & Tube Rentals :: Crumpler, NC - Canoe, kayak, tube and bike rentals. Paddling lessons and guided canoe trips.
- Rock on Charters :: West Jefferson, NC - Contact Ben Lucas at (540)520-9629 for one of the best fishing guides in the High Country.
- Virginia Creeper Trail :: Damascus, VA - The Virginia Creeper Trail stretches 35 miles from Abingdon, Virginia thru Damascus to the NC state line near Whitetop, Virginia. The Virginia Creeper Trail is open to hiking, mountain biking and horseback riding.
- Zaloo's Canoes, Kayaks and Tubes :: Jefferson, NC - Canoe and inner tube rentals, shuttle service to the New River.
Our Favorite Places to Visit and Shop
- Ashe Arts Center :: West Jefferson, NC - The Ashe Arts Center located downtown features local artist's work in the Gallery Shop and offers changing visual arts exhibits, and frequent concerts.
- Ashe County Cheese Company :: West Jefferson, NC - Ashe County Cheese has been in business since 1930, and is the Carolina's only cheese manufacturer. Watch cheese being made, then select one of your favorites from the cheese and gift shop.
- Ashe County Farmer's Market :: West Jefferson, NC - Produce, nursery plants, jellies, cakes, breads, handmade items and more, all home grown and handmade. Saturdays 8:00 am - 1:00 pm from April 12 to December 13.
- Ashe County Frescoes Foundation :: Jefferson, NC
- Footsloggers :: Boone, NC
- Fred’s General Mercantile :: Beech Mountain, NC
- Mast General Store :: Valle Crucis & Boone, NC
- Mountain Outfitters :: West Jefferson, NC
- Originals Only Gallery :: West Jefferson, NC
- Stephen Shoemaker Gallery :: West Jefferson, NC